Important 2020 Dates:
- 3/28/20 – Horse Safety Clinic
- 4/4/2020 – Horse Show Clinic
- 4/18/2020 – Horse Show Clinic
- 5/1/2020 – Horse ID Forms must be uploaded to 4HOnline
- 5/4/2020 – Council Meeting & Spring Show Test
- 5/15/20-5/17/20 – Spring Horse Show
- 6/1/20 – Council Meeting & Summer Show Test
- 6/19/20-6/21/20 – Summer Horse Show
- 7/6/20 – County Fair Test
- 7/17/20-7/19/20 – County Fair Horse Show
- 9/14/20 – E Records Due
You can find the e-records and scoring rubric for the Horse project here: Livestock/Horse e-Records
Please be sure to download the appropriate book for your age group, (Junior, Intermediate or Senior). You can down load them in either .pdf format or Microsoft Excel format.
Project Manuals for select projects can be downloaded and printed from the State 4-H Website here: Project Manuals. Manuals for projects not listed here can be purchased through your club at the time you enroll in the project.
You can access the grading rubric here: Horse e-Record Grading Rubric
Study Guides for pre-show tests (all documents open in .pdf)
Horse Safety Checkoff
Here’s the sheet to use while you practice for the Safety clinics. This is what youth will be evaluated on during the safety check-off clinic. First year and pre-level must attend one of the two clinics.
Animal ID Due May 1
Remember to log in to your 4-H Online account and update your Horse record in the “Animal ID” section. The Pueblo County deadline is May 1 of the 4-H year.
Beth Hayes’ Classes
You can find .pdf versions of the PowerPoint presentations for the classes offered by Beth Hayes, 4-H Coordinator:
Hay is For Horses, December 20, 2019.