Food Safety Training for Colorado Cottage Food Producers
Are you interested in bringing your home-made food products to market? CSU Extension- Pueblo County offers a training that will meet the food safety training requirement of the Colorado Cottage Food Law. Learn foods permissible in the Cottage Foods Act, ingredient labeling requirements, as well as basic food safety for a home business.
Food Safety Works
A commitment to training food service employees in sound food safety principles is just good business! Food Safety Works- Safe Food Handler Training is a two-hour course offered by CSU Extension for food service workers that covers the basic requirements for safe food handling. For current schedule or to schedule a private group training for your business, contact CSU Extension at 719-583-6566 or Email Pueblo County Family and Consumer Sciences.
- preventing foodborne illness
- food temperature control
- and cleaning and sanitizing
- A Food Safety Works Manual
- Food Safety Works Certificate of Attendance
- And a food Safety Works Wallet Card
Benefits for Food Service Workers:
- Great incentive towards job promotion.
- Improve knowledge and awareness of ways to prevent foodborne illness.
- Increase confidence to handle food safely.
Benefits for Your Business:
- Protect your business from bad publicity
- Increase likelihood of improved inspection.
- Increase worker pride and teamwork in serving safe food.
For a current Food Safety Works schedule or to schedule a private group training for your business, contact CSU Extension at 719-583-6566 or Email Pueblo County Family and Consumer Sciences.
This nationally-based one-day training with certification exam meets the requirement for retail food managers seeking advanced food safety certification. Participants must achieve a passing exam score of 75% or higher to receive a certificate, valid for 5 years. Cost is $120.00. Course includes training, training materials, and certification examination. If you are interested in a ServSafe™ certification training, contact the office at 583-6566 or Email Pueblo County Family and Consumer Sciences.