To Anyone Who Is Interested In Taking Part Of National Western Stock Show,
This year Colorado State University is taking part of Ag Adventure at National Western Stock Show (January 7-22). This is a great opportunity to volunteer and network with commodity groups. They need approximately 320 volunteer shifts covered, so we greatly appreciate your support an interest.
About Ag Adventure:
Ag Adventure is an educational experience to teach the general public basic agricultural principles. Over 10 commodity organizations have teamed up with CSU agriculture students to design curriculum and booths to make this an engaging activity. Over 20,000 Denver Metro area elementary school students experience the program on an annual basis. This program has inspired students to learn more about agriculture and even pursue agriculture, when they have never had the opportunity to experience it before.
What we EXPECT from you…
1. At least four hours of committed time during the days of January 7-22nd(that is considered one shift)
2. Be able to efficiently run a “booth” or interactive activity for students (grades 3 and up) or adults.
3. Please sign up with the following links, and we ask of you not to make changes to the schedule a week prior to January 7th. The first link is for you to choose a date and time to volunteer. The second link is for you to enter your contact information that will go into a private spread sheet for us to confirm your volunteer spot and further information we need to relay to you
Sign up for your shift: There is a different tab for each day of the stock show at the bottom of the sheet.
Provide contact information:
4. Be apart of our Facebook group “”2017 National Western Stock Show Volunteers”, for easy updates and conversation. You will be added by one of the student leaders when you provide your contact information.
What we will PROVIDE to you…
1. Free admission for the day you volunteer
2. Meal ticket for the day you volunteer
3. A T-Shirt, please provide us your size
4. Possible other incentives
5. Certified hours for volunteering that can qualify towards degree
6. An opportunity for you to speak to the general public about agriculture
7. A direct network opportunity with multiple commodity groups
8. Directly work with other Colorado State University students and faculty.
We hope you consider working with Ag Adventure at National Western Stock Show! This is a wonderful chance to build your resume as well as share your voice in education about agriculture.